Saturday, December 31, 2016

Watch My Library Grow #1

I decided to start a series called "Watching my Library Grow" just to see the progress of my little book collection. I know I'll never have an actual library (because I have a small apartment) but I like the idea.
So before I started collecting book again, this was all of my books ; boook
Most of these books were gifts and some I bought years ago in a huge bundle on ebay. The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe I bought online for really cheap. The gorgeous leather-bound Mark Twain book was bought at a yardsale for $1!
So after I got my bookshelf (on black friday from my boyfriend as an early Christmas present) I started collecting books that I found for cheap.
First I found a few books at Habitat for Humanity. Their books are 10 cents each but I already had a bookbag full of books so I only got a couple. Plus most of their books are vintage books in bad condition.
book
I got The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg, The 9/11 Commission Report: Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United StatesTwilight by Stephanie Meyer, and This is Where I Leave You by Johnathan Tropper. I want to get all of the Twilight books because I only read the first one but I don't want to pay too much for them so I'm only purchasing them preowned. I've never heard of the other ones but the synopsis sounded good and for 10 cents I didn't care.
Next I got books from Goodwill, I went to two different Goodwills a few different times and found quite a bit of books.
The prices on these books ranged from 99 cents to $1.99
I got When You Don't See Me by Timothy James Beck, The Hidden Summer by Gin Phillips, After You (The second book to Me Before You) by JoJo Moyes, Everybody Rise by Stephanie Clifford, Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner, The Swan Thieves by  Elizabeth Kostova, Crossed (the second book in the Matched trilogoy) by Ally Condie, A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman, Dark Places by Gillian Flynn, The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (which I'm currently reading), and lastly I got three books from the Outlander series which I was pretty excited to find (for 99 cents each) because I saw Sasha from abookutopia raving over it in a few videos, so I got Outlander (Outlander #1)Dragonfly in Amber(Outlander, #2), and Voyager (Outlander, #3).
Here is a photo of all books on my bookshelf, it's bad quality because it's from my phone, I'll upload a better one asap. I can't wait to have it full of books.


The very top shelf has photo albums on it, the second one has my leather bound books and the Luxe series by Anna Godberesn which is amazing, the third shelf has the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy which I haven't read yet, fourth shelf has the Gemma Doyle trilogy which is a favorite series of mine and it has two magazine organizers with scrapbooks in one and blythe/doll fashion books in the other, the fifth shelf has contemporary books, and the bottom shelf has a stack of books that I don't own the whole series for.
So that's pretty much it for this post, I hope you enjoyed and I ca
n't wait to make more posts.

<3|Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment